Interesting things you may not have been aware of.
Did You Know?...
- There are about 300 oils on the earth.
- The average person applies 300 chemicals to their body every single day, and 80 of those chemicals before breakfast! Most are from 4 things: soap, makeup, shampoo and hair care. The biggest pollutants in our home are fabric softener, dryer sheets, air freshener plug-ins and candles.
- It takes a great deal of work to produce a tiny amount of essential oil.
60,000 rose blossoms provide only 1 ounce of rose oil.
Lavender is abundant - 220 lbs will provide 7 lbs of oil.
- Some of the oldest cultures on earth used essential oils. Babylonians, Egyptians, Medieval Europeans, people from Pakistan and Rome. Even Jesus used them - He was given Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh by the 3 Wise Men.
- A 5ml bottle contains about 90 drops and a 15ml bottle contains about 300 drops. Each application is 1 - 3 drops, meaning even the small bottle will get you 45 - 90 applications.